Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Restrooms

So there was this new employee......his name is Mr D. Mr. D joined office a few days ago. As a new employee he was given a form to fill up. It was a strange sort of form which had all sorts of questions like ......Do you know who ur mentor is? Do you know where the office canteen is located? Do you know who is your group head? etc.....I hadnt filled one like that when i joined the company.....Thought that it must be some new concept of our HR and admin department who don't have any better jobs than to think of such so called 'HR policies'. So anyway.....this new employee answered all the questions correctly except for one. He asked me......"Can you tell me where employees can take a break? Maybe lie down or sleep for some time if they are feeling ill?" I told him that i often slept on my office chair and sometimes also during meetings on conference room chairs and that u didnt need a room just for sleeping in office at least!!!
I then saw his form and found out what the question was.............

Do you know where the restrooms of your office are located?

Was this ignorance? Or the funny language called 'English'?
Both.........I'd say.....

No comments: