Monday, August 24, 2009

Mixed emotions.

I feel like writing and yet am at a loss of topic. There were a lot of emotions going through my mind on this day. And for once laughter took a side seat with all others. Monday morning started with the usual phonecalls, people requiring work to be done on priority basis. I answered everyone politely, did all the work and generally, behaved as the usually good boy that I am in the office. That was the somber part of my emotions. Unaffected, unflappable and essentially quite cool !! (I flatter myself saying this.) Then told my boss that I would leave half day, which gave rise to his usual bickerings:

Me: Sir, I am leaving half day for Ganapati visarjan.
Boss: Oh no !! Why do you always do this? There was important work today you know.
Me: Correct. And I have finished it already. Apart from that, my leave record is great.
Boss: Even I have ganapati at home.
Me: You can go too, cant you, boss?

That backtalk was greatly satisfying. I am one believer in Lord Ganesh and the strength he gives us !!! So there was anger and aggression from my side.

Ganapati visarjan is one sad affair. Its hardly a day we get to see the idol at home, when its time to take it away !!! Sadness at immersion.

Later on, met a friend after a long time, talked to him felt good. Later on we met with other friends. Caught up and had some fun laughing and chatting. Happiness.

One more thing which I fail to recall, brought up some strong emotions. Now I cant remember it like I usually forget dreams !! When I do recall, I'll write it down.

3 comments:

K.C said...

lol bravo bravo...

Ravan said...

Hmmm...

Thats why we have it for 5 to 7 days !!!

But come to think of it makes u even sadder when He leaves !

AR said...

I feel sad too. Sad coz I cudn't attend it and also you dont have immeresed lord Ganesha.