Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Personal Interview - Direct Dil Se!!!!


This was something which i wrote during the days when placements were going on in engineering college........Back then the HR questions asked in interviews were quite common.....

Just today a friend told me: kya yaar!!! I am hell bored of giving interviews. Wherever I go they ask me the same HR questions!! Tell me something about yourself? Strengths, weaknesses? Kya dimag ko shot lag gaya hai!!

The thing about these HR questions is that, and I am sure most of u will agree that the answers which we give DO NOT come right from our hearts. We feel something else about that question and the answers which come out of our mouths is different, like for example: we may be wanting to pursue further studies but we say that “I am not planning to pursue further studies” so that the interviewer is assured that this person will not leave the company. Get it? Thus, I feel that a PI is like a drama where our real thoughts take the backstage and our real answers are the main stage actors!!!

What would be the answers if they came right from the heart: direct dil se?
Some examples:

Tell me something about yourself:
I am a real cool guy who was born intelligent in so and so and brought up in so and so. I was a stupid confused guy in 12th standard and so I took up engg and then performed like hell and finally now I am BE instru. So basically education ruined me and now u will ruin me. But what else can I do? I got to have a job right now! Be happy with what I have told you and give me the job!

What are your strengths?
I have all the strengths right now!You name it I have it!!

What are your weaknesses?
Weaknesses me? Ok yes there’s one! I feel like laughing right now!!

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
I see myself in your seat while you are sitting where I am sitting right now!!!

Why should we employ you?
You should employ me because I am not an idiot sitting here so long listening to all this bullshit you are telling me!

How will employing you benefit the company?
F*** your company!! i just want the job and that fat pay packet you are offering……..15000 starting sal wasn’t it? Wasn’t it? Huh?

Can you tell me something about our company?
How should I know? You are the boss!! You should know!!

Why are your academic marks so low?
Thats because this marksheet is not the real one.......if you would have seen the real one.....they are even lower in that!!!

So do you have any other such ‘direct dil se’ personal interview answers? If you do………………..well keep them to yourself, of course!!!

No comments: