Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The day of the appraisals....

'Twas a D-day for us in the office…..The appraisal letters are distributed in January and resignation letters are handed over the next few days !!!!….depending on the happiness or unhappiness of the employees. This time too the atmostphere seemed to be charged with electricity. I had come in a smart looking white shirt (which I had decided to colour black in protest….in case I got a bad appraisal). So anyway…appraisal day is very important for everyone..(everyone being a very large number of people……comprising of almost the whole working population of this big, bad, mad world. This is the day when the boss gets a chance to show you your true place (If the boss always shows you your true place….this is the time when YOU get an excuse to put in your resignation!!!) This is the day when some people cry, some others laugh with joy, some people go to the bar and drink…..some out of jubilation, some out of sorrow, some curse their bad luck, some thank their stars. That’s how the appraisal day is. Well anyway, got a great raise in salary this time…probably had the third best performance rating and appraisal amount amongst the people in my grade. I am very happy that my salary has increased by a large amount. Can’t say I am not disappointed that I could not get the best performance rating amongst people in my grade. Had always thought that I had produced the best output….if not THE best atleast amongst the best….also was working on 2 projects at a time…..so thought that would go in my favour as well. But it did not…..thats the reality and will have to live with it and move on…Life is unfair at times….many a times. People who read this post will feel….this bugger got the third best payment…and hes not happy….but then this was my chance to be the best after a long time….and it didn’t turn out to be that way….Its not that I am totally pissed off (didn’t paint my shirt black did I ?) …..but then its not that I am totally not pissed off either!!!!

No comments: