Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Me vs my home computer

My dad brought me my first PC when i was in the ninth grade, just short of the age of 15. From then on the home computer has been my best friend and my worst enemy. Or should i say home computers. Yes, coz just as life changes so do computers and so have mine. My relations with my home PC have always been thru the ups and downs. More thru the downs than the ups. I have enjoyed games on my PC just like I enjoyed surfing the net. Its always enjoyable to play the games on the comp which you cant play in real life!!! For example, you cannot drive vehicles and knock over peds who frustrate you with their impolite ways of crossing the roads, but on the PC, you can hit them, crush them with your car, even chainsaw them to a bloody death!!!
So talking about PCs, yeah, they give you the enjoyment, but when it comes to reliability, I would rate assembled PCs below any of the other electronic appliances!!! You people reading the post can only imagine the number of times….. I have changed some hardware, formatted my PC’s hard disk, installed the OS, partitioned the disk, defragmented it, scanned it for viruses and last but not the least kicked it in utter ‘disgust’ (That would affect hardware, but I did it only with my 2nd comp’s CPU!!!). Computers never cease to perplex me with their astonishing abilities of crashing, that too at the most inconvenient junctures of time. Last week when I was mourning for the sad demise of my 4th CPU motherboard, one of my friends went superstitious and suggested that it would, perhaps, be better if I installed my PC at another location of the house. “Tere comp ke jagah kaa vaastu barabar nahi hai.” Maybe he’s right!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol,... vaastu nahi u need to get rid of PC's move to Laptops now... see if ur luck changes !

Chzz...
k.c

RK said...

anonymous? yeh bhi tera ID hai? dont know whether its vaastu...or feng shui or whatever? gonna try a UPS now!!!