Monday, September 8, 2008

Stay in touch? Sometimes I'd rather not!!!

It is sometimes hard to keep in touch with friends. There are ones who will write mails to you on the busiest of days. Replying will get delayed until you totally forget about it. Others wont write mails anyways........they'll call you up when you are attempting to 'balance a tightrope' or something and have no other option but to cancel the call or answer it only to tell them that you'll call em later. One of my friends once commented that i never bother staying in touch. A week later i called him up and he said he was busy and he would call up later. He did call up later but then i was busy and then the cycle continued until both of us quit. I do send some forwarded mails to people at times. But then some people have a problem with that too......They say.........what the heck? why do you keep sending forwarded mails?
I cant reason with this kind of logic...........What is wrong in sending forwarded mails? Its alright if you say "I didnt like the mail" or something......but saying something like......"This fellow sends only forwarded mails".............Is that a crime? Seems to be with majority of the people....they dont like fwd mails or fwd sms. I always sms (not fwd sms) one of my friends who stays abroad. Diwali wishes, holi wishes, birthday wishes etc. However these too are expected to be on time. If the sms goes in the afternoon of the special day....i get a reply sms saying that.....Thanks....but did you forget to wish me in the morning?
My sister herself told me that she hates my mails because they are fwd.......these days i am sending her more just to irritate her.
One of my other friends always calls up at night.......night here means......'midnight' or 'ghastly hour of the night'. One of my conversations with him when he called up.........

J: Heeeellllllllooooo!!! How are you?
Me (Thinking): Huh? How would I be at 0100 in the morning, stupid?
Me: I am fine.
J: Were you sleeping?
Me (Thinking): No, I was dancing on the tune of Lucky Ali's' shyam savere teri yaadien aati hai'
Me: Yes, I was sleeping.
J: Oh, I am sorry. I'll call up later.
Me (Thinking): Later????? How later than this would you want to call up?????
Me: No, lets talk now....anyway....i ain't feeling sleepy now.

So we talk and talk until he says,
J: Ok, chal ill hang up.....You call me up too sometimes, yaar.....main hi phone karta hu tereko!!
Me (Thinking): Haan woh bhi subah ke ek baje!!!!
Me: Ok, chal bye!!! Will call you up!!!

What i'd like to add here is that, its fine to keep in touch with friends, in fact, one should make efforts to stay in touch. But then, i wouldnt expect them to return the favor!!! Some friends are friends no matter how 'Out of touch' they may seem to be. I know that this post presents a somewhat indifferent attitude on my behalf.........but then thats how I am and I dont think that part of me will change !!!

No comments: