Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tommorow at this time, I'll probably be ready for the countdown to the new year 2009. Its time to say goodbye to 2008. This year has been of mixed sorts for me. First of all the good :

1) My first trip abroad and by an aeroplane......to the United states......that too for more than a month of just holidaying!!! Visited places like san francisco city, yosemite national park, carmel beach, stanford university campus, roamed in sunnyvale city on a bicycle. Also, in general travelled a lot for holidays and hikes!!!
2) My new bike.....Honda Unicorn smooth as silk.........sold off old super splendor at a good price..
3) Good news from my sister's side .........(I am about to become a real uncle......BOO to the kid if he calls me uncle.!!!!)
4) One of my best friends, KC, completing MBA and getting placed as well as getting engaged to his gf!! Congrats to him.
5) Another of my best friends bought his own apartment!!! Congrats to him too!!!
6) Another one of my best friends, got a job in vashi and handled a lot of disappointments very well.
7) Made new friends in office.

Bad :
1) Attacks on our mumbai....wont say more on that.
2) My professional life.....wasnt great......learnt a lot of do's and dont's in work.......definitely a good learning period but I still wont say it was a good period of work.
3) Recession.........which has come as the year closes.....will definitely affect my future decisions of changing jobs and getting more out of india exposure.
4) Certain things are so bad, I wont even mention them here.

There are some things for which I dont know whether its good or bad.........
1) I still dont have a girlfriend!!! (Joking!! 60% of my brain tells me its good!!!)

My new year resolution: To enjoy more!!!
A happy and prosperous new year 2009 to all the readers of my blog!!!

No comments: