Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fickle-o-luck

Luck plays a fickle role...we know it... Luck tries to confuse you...how?
Bad luck...you start believing that your luck was bad.....next moment you think over and come across a situation when you realise ...that it was indeed good luck that bad luck happened. Did not understand? I am sure you didnt. Let me state a few simple examples:

Bad luck: I reach out to open the elevator gates, but as my hand touches the handle, the lift was summoned by someone else...
Good luck: You climb up/down the stairs, annoyed that you couldnt use the elevator. Next moment there is a power cut and you can hear the person inside the elevator yelling for help!!!

Bad luck: I have an accident on my bike, which happens due to someone else's mistake. I am hurt and injured
Good luck: I had preplanned a biking trip to some location the very next day. Good luck is that, it didnt happen on the day of the trip, atleast.....cause a highway accident might have had even more serious consequences !!!

Bad luck: 26th July 2005. A friend of mine has a slight fever in the morning. Decides to give an important office meeting, a skip. His office is located town side in mumbai. He himself lives in navi mumbai. Decides to rest at home, even though the fever is slight and he could go to the office.
Good luck: Mumbaites know where the good luck for this part lies. In case anyone doesnt, please google '26th July 2005', you'll know what I am talking about.

3 comments:

Ravan said...

I dunno if its a gud thing or a bad thing, but in such situations, u cant react the way you want to... as in neither can u get mad at anyone, nor can u be totally at peace...

AR said...

I wouldnt comment on good/bad luck. All I remember is on 26th July, 2005 I was stuck townside for almost 2 days before I could get back home. That too after covering almost half of Mumbai on foot. I did show me a Mumbai I have never seen in my life and taught me on how humbling life's experiences can be.

Anonymous said...

@ravan
fickle-o-luck followed by fickle-o-mindedness.

@abhilash
Exactly the point of my post. You mustve felt that it was bad luck that you got into a situation like 26/7. Three years down the line, you realise it was good luck that you had such an experience as it taught you a thing or two which you wouldnt have learned otherwise!!!

-ravi