Sunday, March 23, 2008

SOPs for the home......and the dodka sms series!!!








One of the golden rules of my home is to eat whatever is made for the day……whether you like it or you don’t. As per mom’s ‘SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for the home’ this rule is to be followed and if not followed the option of going without food is always open. I am a young fellow and being so I cannot go in for the latter option. So I have to eat whatever is made whether I like it or not!!! Its not that I don’t like a lot of foods that are made at home but there are some which I simply hate!!! For instance I hate ‘Bhendi ki sabji’. Some people love that but I simply hate it. Whenever I eat ‘bhendi ki sabji’ I get the feeling that I am chewing on some squishy and leathery substance. I fail to understand why it is called as ‘lady’s finger’ in English when it looks more like ‘crocodile skin’ or ‘green rubber leaves’!!! Many of my friends have similar rules at their respective homes. One of my friend hates ‘Dodka’ or in english ‘Ridge Gourd’. His mom once made the ‘Dodke ki sabji’ twice in the same week…!!! He was quite distressed and sent me an sms that evening after dinner….This series of sms and their replies is worth recording in this post…..

Sms from R:
How can you have Dodka twice a week?

Reply sms from me:
If you can have Vodka twice a week……why not dodka?

Sms from R:
Vodka gives me a high…..
Dodka makes me sigh……

Reply sms from me:
Alright then,
Cheers to vodka,
Jeers to dodka!!!

Next day my dear friend seemed to be a little bit too hungry in the morning!!!


Anyone who reads this post LIKES ‘karele ka sabji’? If you do.....Congrats!!! You are the lucky few who won’t have any problem following ‘SOPs for the home’.

3 comments:

Ravan said...

I like karela.....

but not dodka.......
or padwal.....
or tondli......
or navalkol... ( if u even know wat it is...)

Ravan said...

oh...and i forgot my arch nemesis...

SHEPU.......

YACCCKKKK!!!!!!!

RK said...

Shepu is downright aweful.....if it were a person......i would kill it!!!