Monday, May 19, 2008

Tai

Young kid to his elder sister (Both around 6 yrs and 10 yrs of age respectively): Lets play a game of Ludo!!
Elder sister: Shut up and let me read this book.
Kid: Please, PLEASE, lets play a game of ludo.
Elder sister: I told you that I am reading….didnt I? I wont play with you.
Kid: Please, Please, Please, preeetty please……..(goes on saying ‘please’ till his sister gets fed up at his constant pleading and agrees to play with him.)
Elder sister: Ok. This time I’ll play with you…..but you’re not a good loser…..dont cry if u lose….
Kid: Ok.

The Kid loses the game of Ludo and starts crying.

Kid: you cheated…you cheated.. I could have won if you didn’t cheat (He knows perfectly well that his sister did not cheat..and won fairly, but he is just angry at not having won the game.)
Sister: I didn’t cheat….Ludo is a game of luck….I had better luck…and you are sore and you are angry just because you lost…..you loser, ur a loser…..ur a loser….ur a loser!!!!!
Kid: NO!! NO!!! NO!!! I am not a loser and I am NOT ANGRY!!!!
Sister: Oh yeah? Hahahahaha..!!!
Kid: You wait….you wait…..Ill fix you (Starts crying crocodile tears and this time……turns his volume up intentionally and starts bawling at the top of his voice to get the attention of his mother.)

The kid and his sister’s mother comes rushing in the room. Seeing the kid cry and the sister laugh….she makes an obvious choice as to who the culprit is…..

Mom: You should understand…..you are the elder one….he is young as yet……
Sister: But mom….
Mom: No buts…..I will punish you……no going out to play today evening.
Sister: NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! (Starts crying)
Kid (After his mom goes out from the room): Hahahaha!!!

After some time Kid starts feeling bad for his sister……

Kid: I am sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.
Elder sister: Shut up and let me read a book…..I am not talking to you….
Kid: But you just did……!!

This was a flashback of the times I had with my sister. Back then we were the best friends and the worst enemies. This was one instance where I got the better of her.
Mom always used to tell us that we shouldn’t fight, because a time will come when we will start living separately.
Well, its been quite a while that my elder sister got married and settled down with her husband in the USA. She is coming back for a vacation, tomorrow. So I am happy. I don’t exactly miss her all the time but then its not that I don’t miss her at all. Those memories of yesteryears have started flooding back as I await her arrival.

4 comments:

K.C said...

well... i dinno u wer such an Azz ... since childhood :P

RK said...

I was an azz...chalu azz....i am sure u were too.......an azz...u have an elder brother alzo...?

K.C said...

lol yea... but u used to make claims of being innocent et all !!

RK said...

of course.....khud ke bacchao ke liye ye sab karna padta hai.....the weak have to protect themselves!!!