Monday, December 28, 2009

Kabootar jaa jaa jaa.

This is something which happened a few years ago. It was a saturday and I was chilling out in the living room of my house reading a book. Suddenly, I heard a scream and heard urgent thumping footsteps. I looked up, startled by the scream. I was starting to get up when I saw mom running towards me screaming at the top of her voice...."Ravi, Ravi, gallereet kabootar aale aahe !!" (Ravi, a pigeon has entered the balcony.). Well, I hadnt seen mom running the way she did in those few moments. The same time in which I was rudely shocked by the scream, I had a desire to laugh seeing mom run the way she did !!!
So anyway, there was a dumb 'kabootar' (pigeon) in the balcony....and it wasnt an earthquake or something.....nothing life-threatening, as mom's voice had suggested.
My earlier post 'Strange ways of animals' (written in January 2009) makes it perfectly clear what I feel pigeons are like.
I took a bamboo stick and entered the balcony. I didnt see the pigeon initially. And for a moment, I thought, it had made its way out. Then I saw it, sitting behind a wooden cabinet. It did not realise that there was a window above it. I prodded it with the stick and saw it drop. In short....it was 'shit-scared'. It didnt go, so I opened a few more balcony sliding windows and prodded it once again, this time a bit more firmly. It took off.....flapped around to and fro......but finally found its way out. Mom had entered the room and she had her fingers in her ears (Lot of people do that when they are scared.....I dunno how it helps ???!!!)
Her problem was solved.

1 comment:

Ravan said...

Pigeons shud be exterminated...

They do no gud, shit around, shed feathers and arent even fit for consumption...(or so i've felt, others may dffer)

And mebbe fingers in the ear might be more of a preventive action rather than corrective one... Although it may not necessarily reduce ur fear levels, its kinda like protecting ur ears just in case the pigeon lands on ur head or shoulders and starts pecking at them!