Monday, December 21, 2009

Wallets and purses.

Probably, one of the most handy things that man invented was the wallet. I dont know whether at all 'man' invented it. It could have been a 'woman' after all !! I mean, it seems to be silly...but I hate to compare it with the money keeping pouches that ladies carry.....which are called as purses. Now I also do hate it when the same term....'purse' is referred to a 'wallet'. I mean 'wallet' sounds so neat. Macho and suitable for men. When anyone refers to my 'wallet' as 'purse' I almost feel embarrassed.......feel like a sissy, although 'technically speaking' its quite proper.

Now, coming to wallets....My wallet is always a bit haphazard.....lot of small bills, four fold papers with some calculations on it. Papers which contain some numbers written on the spur of a moment.....probably because I didnt have the patience to write it in my mobile contacts list, or simply coz, I wasnt carrying my mobile at that time or something like that. I have my driving license, some visiting cards, some paper money and some plastic money at times. People do have a habit of carrying a photo of their sweethearts or loved ones in their wallets. I too have that habit. I carry a photo of myself.....thats coz I love myself. I also carry a childhood photo....no particular reason....whatever you might infer from it. All in all contents are very much like so many others. Although I have seen people arranging stuff very systematically in their wallets......currency of higher denomination in a single compartment.....lower denomination in others......identity card in the transparent windowed compartment. Credit cards in the half compartments. Coins in the coin comp etc. How much discipline can you have??? Give me a break.

Talking about ladies 'purses' ..........not much to talk about......they say you should'nt open ladies purses....reasons of privacy.

9 comments:

Ravan said...

Agreed - A WALLET IS A WALLET... It never was, never is and never will be a PURSE... (How lame cud anyone get man?)

K.C said...

well u forgot to mention...loads of cash in ur wallet mutlaxx :P

Buls said...

Huh??? Women also carry wallets without looking down on it... why can't men carry purses? Or why can't wallets be called purses? How biased!!!
I will let you into a secret... following are the things found in a woman's purse:
Wallet (which contains money, id cards, license, photo ids, credit/debit cards, loyalty cards); keys; cosmetics; bills; book; phone; perfume; water; tissues; lip gel; diary; pen; jewellery; chocolates/chewing gum---- all life saving things.

Anonymous said...

@ravan..
Correct...humare vichar milte julte hai....

@mysterio..
Azz....bit rich....coming from you...bet I havent got half as cash as you got in your wallet.

@buls..
Thanks for revealing the secret...
If that is what women carry....
it seems like its a style for them not to let ppl peep into their purses....or that men are too frank...


-ravi

Ravan said...

@ Buls - I guess u've answered ur query urself...

Men carry a wallet... which contain all of the things u sed women carry as well... like cards, cash, Ids n stuff...Thats what men carry...in their WALLET...

And watever other things u mentioned, like "keys; cosmetics; bills; book; phone; perfume; water; tissues; lip gel; diary; pen; jewellery; chocolates/chewing gum---- " are carried in a purse by women, are NOT carried by men in the WALLET... mebbe some of those things in a separate bag...but not in a wallet...

So... there's no bias... its purely a functional description!

Anonymous said...

@Ravan...

Cool answer....

-ravi

Anonymous said...

Nannhe Mutleee .... aint No cash in mah walletttt :(((

Its all dry with investment proof submission dates getting nearer :(


@K.C

Anonymous said...

@ KC...

Thats a proof that your have something to invest...which is great....
I dont have money to invest !!!

-mutlax.

K.C said...

hahahaa Mutleee....

Jhoot bole !!!

:P

u frgt i borrowed frm da Rich ya only :P