Monday, November 10, 2008

National spillage day..

Today (as everyday) the canteen boy who brings breakfast for employees brought a large pile of plates with Idli sambar in them (He normally brings them one on top of the other plate and makes a pile of 7-8 plates. Doesnt bring them on a tray or trolley). One of my colleagues wanted a plate and so this boy 'rests' the pile on his table and picks up the topmost plate and gives it to him. While trying to focus on 2 things at a time (Keeping the pile balanced and handing over a plate..), the pile tumbled and my colleague had hot steaming sambar all over his newly bought trousers. After an 'agonized yell' from the colleague he jumped from his chair and stood up like a rocket that is fired up. He went to the washroom and wiped most of the 'sambar' but it left a stain, nevertheless . The canteen boy got a firing from his boss (The catering head) and also my colleague. I was inclined to laugh at the pattern the stain made on his pants. I told my colleague jokingly....."Hey, why did you yell at the canteen boy......hes made ur dull looking pants into a nice patterned one......It looks better with the stain!!! Give him a reward!!! "

In another incident one of my other colleagues spilled coffee on his pants......the stain looked as if he'd pissed in his pants...!!! He was roaming in the common area for some time to let the stain dry off, too embarrassed to go beyond the reception area lest anyone sees him like that!!!

In the evening I saw the same canteen boy carrying a single 'wada' in his hand.....He was carrying it like a grenade....I saw this and asked him....
Me: Aren't u suppose to carry that on a plate...for purposes of hygiene?
Canteen boy: Yes sir, but one of the employees dropped it....I am just throwing it in the dustbin..
Me (with a grin on my face): Are you sure YOU didnt drop it..?
Canteen: No sir.

I came home and saw our neighbour with the watchman, both were staring down the elevator shaft....
Me: What are you doing, aunty?
Aunty: My keys have fallen down the shaft.....i hope the watchman can retrieve them....

National stumbly day?
National spillage day?
What was it?

2 comments:

Ravan said...

U forgot the MESS during lunch... b4 carrom...

MORONIC females, spoiled the original drawings... and they have no shame or remorse... so casual about it...

Anonymous said...

fack... Unstable souls !! why didnt they drop nething on Venkataaa ???

@kc