Saturday, November 1, 2008

Of couples and bachelors


Ever been out on a trip with an 'unmarried couple or couples'? A trip in which you are familiar with both the boy and the girl, both being good friends of yours, but who are going steady with each other?
In such a condition you are likely to be in trouble unless their is someone else who is just as single as you are!!!
My personal experience (personal experience, here, would also include my friends' experience!!) tells me, 'God save you if you are on a trip / picnic with an 'unmarried couple''. Because most of the times this happens the committed are likely to get cosy with each other and most likely to forget that you have NOT ceased to exist!!! How? Let me explain....with an example,
Today as I was having one of our heart to heart discussions with my dear friend A......he told me such an instance where he got stuck up in.....
Me: So what happened? How was the new years eve?
A: Don't even ask.....T (girl), H (girl) and P (boy) were to come for the trip....
Me: Great!! I know them, they are fun, arent they?
A: Yeah they are, separately.......not together, unfortunately, at the last moment K (boy) also joined in.....
Me: Ok....then?
A: Then what? T and P are going steady and H and K are going steady......so i was the only 'bachelor' in the group....
Me: Happens yaar......dont worry.....you'll find someone soon.....you must be feeling alone!!!
A: Ass......I wasnt talking about that!!! The thing is, we were supposed to be spending time with each other, with everyone .....Instead of that the couples were together and I was left sitting like a bloody lonely duck!!!
Me: That's what I told you....you must be feeling alone.....go find someone....
A: Idiot!!! You try going out with a couple sometime......they are so 'within themselves'
Me: I have been with a couple many times.....
A: Who?
Me: My mom and dad......hahahahaha!!!!
A: Have you lost it today? Must be that meeting with your boss that's left you talking nonsense...
Me: Hahahaha!! OK, sorry.....pun intended......go on......
A: So these couples...wanted to spend time with each other and dragged me along to just give it a 'feel' new year eve's celebration......and I didnt even know that K was coming or I would've guessed it was a couples' celebration......In the end I had to sit alone on the living room sofa, eat pizza and coke that we had brought from outside......(because these ppl wanted to get to the apartment room early!!!) and watch TV all night long while the 'others in the group' were busy with each other.....in the other rooms!!! They didnt even wait till 0000 hrs (for the new year to start) I watched the fireworks alone....
Me: They watched it too......but maybe from somewhere else!!!

I had some similar experiences as my friend did, but then atleast I was spared as their were other 'bachelors' in the group and I was spared of the 'wrath' of couple entries.
Another friend of mine once told me, that, he never had the feeling of being left out even when he was in a 'committed' type group.........
"Your group is an exceptional case, then", I told him !!!

1 comment:

Ravan said...

Laff all u want...

If you think that was funny, I curse you that ud have to go on an outing like that... for a bloody WEEEEEK !!!

And ud be the only single guy around !!!

And ud never give that chikki to anyone... EAT it urself...