Sunday, January 11, 2009

I have always wondered why an auto-rickshaw driver sits on one side of the seat......side as in.....the very edge of the seat. My dad told me that since the engine of the autorick is beneath the seat.....it gets hot and the driver's bums must be feeling the heat. Hence the odd position.
When I had once tried to think reasonably, I figured that maybe, it is ergonomically convenient for the autorick driver to turn the steering handle, if he sits to one side as he gets a better position to outstretch his arms while making a full turn. Ergonomically convenient or not.....it doesnt do any good to their driving.......they are the most horrible, uncouth and arrogant drivers in this world. As for the funny part of it.........it sometimes looks as if they are planning to bail out in the middle of the ride!!!

No comments: