Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The strange ways of animals.

It seemed like I had just fallen asleep when I heard the cawing of a crow. CAW CAW!! In my sleepy state, I wondered, how the hell had the night ended so soon and it seemed like I had just fallen asleep right then. To confirm that the night and my sleep had indeed been cruel to me, I checked the watch and realized that the night or my sleep were'nt cruel. Just that the crows were dumb. They had started cawing at 2 o'clock in the morning....a time when even the nightwatchman of my society sleeps!!! They continued their irritating CAW CAW...for another 15 minutes. Animals for one, behave strangely when something 'bad' is going to happen..........or so we've been told by our elders. But then 'bad' happens everyday these days........so I figured that the poor creatures must be getting confused, as to when to act strangely and when not to!!!
These days even stray dogs seemed to have developed some kind of arrogance. I have never before seen dogs maintaining the dignity of a cow, when a vehicle comes zooming down in its path. Its normally the cow's style to move slowly when honked on by a speeding car. The cow is unfazed by a speeding car or a speeding truck.....it will simply move at its own bloody pace, with its face upturned, slowly gliding away. The cow is probably sacred for this reason..........because it can stop such huge cars and trucks. The cows 'sacred' virtue is being followed by the dog. I havent seen dogs, these days getting out of the way quickly as they used to do it earlier. Scampering isnt their cup of tea any more. They too will get up slowly and move.....when honked upon. At least the dogs who are sitting are lazy enough to play 'cow'. The ones which are walking may get out of the way in a jiffy.
A pigeon perfectly fits the definition of a 'birdbrain'. The pigeon is characterized by its black and white looks and the throaty cooing sound. I have always thought that the sound of this 'cooing sound' is midway between a fart and a burp. Its droppings are a hell of a nuisance to clean up, from the window grills and panes. It seems like they just cant stop shitting. If one of them comes into your house.....you can be sure of three things....
1) They cant stop panicking and will keep flying around in circles.
2) This is because they cant remember from which window they came in from..........bless their forgetful, stupid bird brains!!!
3) In this process, they will get scared and bomb the room they get into, with droppings!!!

These are only some of the few behaviourial pecularities displayed by birds and animals........I could write more....but I wont write any more 'bullshit' here.

4 comments:

Buls said...

Do not let the animal protection NGOs read this... they will get very mad at you

RK said...

yes....but as long as there is no legal action taken (which they can't) I dont care....

Anonymous said...

hahahaah... lol this onez funny !! I hate dogs chasing my bike... I wud kill em if i cud ..
btwn buffaloes are worst !! and so are goats... in MP dey used to block the roads... creating jams on highways ... big nuisance !!

K.c !!

RK said...

I once heard that a company bus had to take a long circular alternate route.........coz cows were sitting in a row across the road!!!