Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A matter of faith

Spiritual faith is different for different individuals. Monopoly of it does not lie with 'The one' who is more commonly referred to as God. For some it rests with certain 'divine beings' or 'Godmen'. Frankly, I have never worshipped anyone but stone idols of certain gods (Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesh, Lord Rama, Lord Hanuman etc) , whom, I have been taught, were great powerful beings who had done great, miraculous and literally impossible deeds in their 'days'. All of them are representations of the one force we all (most of us) believe in..............God. Come to think of it, I feel even my parents are worth worshipping as they have done the miraculous and next to impossible deed of raising me!!!
Coming to the point, I dont believe in placing my spiritual faith in living 'Godmen'. Sadhus and Babas and Maharajas are quite 'popular' in India and even abroad. However, I would'nt look up to them as a God. Their photos would mean nothing to me but a mere photo of a fellow human being. I wouldnt believe anyone who tells me that if you pay a visit to so and so 'Maharaj' or 'sadhu' all your troubles would be driven away. I wouldnt believe anyone who'll say "Hey, I went to this 'babaji' and my problem miraculously disappeared". I wouldnt go to an ashram just for seeing a 'divine guru'. I know people who've told me that I havent experienced the powers of 'Maharaj'. Pardons to them but I still wouldnt believe them even if I do experience any such powers.
I'd rather believe in someone who's done some service to this world. I'd rather believe in Baba Ramdev......who's explained to the world the advantages of 'Yoga'. I'd rather worship someone, who did great social service like maybe Mother Teresa.
And above them all I believe in only one holy power and would pray to the force called 'God'. Its a matter of personal faith but this is mine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We shall workship LORD M :P
hehehehe
@ K.c

Ravan said...

YA YA !!!

We WORSHIP ONLY LORD M !!!

ONE GOD... ONE FAITH !!!

RK said...

u guyz are obviously 'tuned to a lower frequency' to understand the feelings I have expressed.....:)