Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gifts

One of my friends recently chatted with me. The chatting session seemed to be perfectly normal until, she suddenly tells me that she has a friend who is a male, whom she wants to give a gift to. This question threw me off track. I've never given a gift to a person of the opposite sex. How do you choose a gift ?

SS: Ravi tell me something normally what gift can a girl give a boy whos her friend?

Me(I was thrown off track, couldnt think of an answer, and wondered why she asked me instead of all the knowledgable people and great romeos in the world? !!) : i could ask u the same vice versa question sometime later.............but right now i will only try to answer ur query.........., however let me think.........

SS: Let us suppose that I want to gift u something, what kind of gift would u like to have from me?

Me (still stumped): Well actually......let me think, are u giving it to this boy...........ur potential suitor? or a friend? or a potential suitor as a friend?

SS: Only a friend, I told u didnt I? dumbo........this is in no way related to my matrimony!!

Me (trying to buy time) : Do u want to surprise him?

SS: Maybe yes

Me: Ok if its a surprise its real tough (ya, when have I thot of giving a gift? let alone a surprise gift?) .......... coz boys are rarely surprised (huh? what? what a stupid statement !!) ..........but let me think.........dont give him perfume ok..............watever u do.......... he'll take the wrong meaning!! (Now I started telling what not to gift.............its always a good strategy when you dont what is to be done...You can start on the things which are NOT to be done, coz you might know those better!!!. )

SS : Why?

Me (Thinking): This .........why?.......... just proves that ur real stupid birdbrain

SS: Still, if I give him a branded one? It will be good no?

Me: No ...........

SS: Anyway tell me what to give and not what not to give

Me(Thinking) :She has realised my strategy !!

Me: You can buy him a wrist watch.

SS: Another option

Me: Ok. that wasnt a good option ..........wrist watch.............

SS: Give me options no.........

Me: Ya ok...............its just that i cant think of any...........

Me: You can give the boy a backpack...........a cool branded one.......... adidas or reebok.........

SS: I dont prefer tat as gift

Me: Do u prefer flowers?

SS : No

SS: Because, I feel it is waste of money.

Me: ok..........

Me: Give him a cool looking formal shirt. You shud know his size of course........

SS: How will I know that? Like for example I want to buy a shirt for you, how do I know your size?

Me: You could ask some other friend who knows u and him............He'll know your friends size, isnt it?

SS: Too complicated, tell me something else........

Me (Thinking): She wants to give a surprise gift to this friend of hers, doesnt want it to be personal, still give him something useful, doesnt know his specifications and on top of that, asks me, of all the people, for an opinion, and then cancels out each of my best options!!)

Me: I will think and tell you tommorow..........If I meet you online !!! Right now, I am signing out!!!

Simply amazing bit of chat !!!!

1 comment:

Ravan said...

And silly you...

I mean ur so uncool that inspite of sooo many HINTS, u cudnt figure out anything as cool as a laughing buddha !!!