Monday, February 9, 2009

My tryst with cooking.

I like cooking food. But not as much as I like eating it. Cooking just for fun is a once-in-many-days activity for me. Like all other geminis, my attention span being equivalent to the width of the sharp edge of the knife, it is difficult for me to cook food regularly. Also its a big thanks to mom, the cook who makes excellent 'home-made' food, which is why it is difficult for me to digest 'own-made' food which is not very good !!! Many diet experts say that home made food is the best. Rightfully so, I think, coz, its made by a cook, who takes it upon herself with great pride and sense of responsibility, the task of making food which is tasty, less oily, nutrient-rich, energy giving. No wonder, that its called a balanced diet.
Since mom is going to be out of town for a couple of months, she is teaching me the ropes of cooking. She also cooks my brains at times, with the endless bickering. It gets quite irritating, while someone stands at your side and shouts out instructions while you are struggling to come to terms with some 'sabji' which you havent tried making before. If mom asks me to pen down my own recipe journal, I imagine I would write something like......."Dear recipe book, today I learnt a very important lesson in life.......never put milk on gas and run away to play computer games......"
Anyway, in real life I learnt how to steam rice and dal in a cooker, today. Some of you might be thinking.......how easy it is.........even I do. But the problem is that my mom wont like my careless way of saying, "I already know how to do it." So I just shut my mouth and listened to what she had to say. I learnt how to put up the pressure cooker for maybe the 100th time. So thats the deal with my cooking lessons. I have to learn cooking and have to learn it mom's way !!! Hope I learn to be half as good a cook as mom is.

3 comments:

K.C said...

lol... amen !!

Buls said...

Hehehehe.. do teach KC also when you manage to leatn

Ravan said...

- @ Buls

KC cooks really well...

He even cooked Maggi once...!!!