Thursday, April 16, 2009

English is a very funny language....some 'peoples' make it even funnier !!!

A certain Mr. XXX from my office (he is from another department) had arranged a picnic for his department people. Now, this department is 30 strong. 7 guys from his department confirmed that they would like to go for the picnic. Apart from the 7 nobody else was going. However later on even these 7 fellas dropped out citing personal reasons. . So Mr.XXX wrote a mail to everyone in his department......It goes this way....

"PICNIC CANCELLED, PICNIC CANCELLED
No Confirmation is received and the peoples who already confirmed now taken the deviation for picnic. No picnic will be arranged henceforth.
Regards,
XXX"

(Note the usage of the english language.....very funny......deviation is a very commonly used official term in our company.)

Now, it so happened that another fellow from that department fwded the mail to RV, a guy in our department. It so happens that, earlier Mr XXX had tried to arrange a cricket match in the same fashion with our department's cricket team.....and that had also been cancelled on account of the non-availability of his department's cricket team members...

RV wrote a mail to Mr. XXX saying.....
Sorry to interrupt, but if you can’t arrange for a simple picnic program…..why did you ask us to arrange for a cricket match……….?
No thanks or regards,
RV

Mr XXX saw the reply.....he wasnt at all happy that the mail (the one about the picnic being cancelled. ) which should have been circulated within his department only, was sent to RV who is from another department and who made fun of him. Mr. XXX thought that the mail was 'divulged' to RV by some lady who is in Mr. XXX dept.

Mr XXX then sent a 'scorcher'....to RV.....
"It seem that someone ( I don’t know who but I don’t want to insult a Who.. , she is atleast loyal with the one who pays her ) from my dept have stabbed my dept.
Do you feel that arranging a picnic with such peoples is a simple program? I don’t bother about such peoples also. But still it was managed and cancelled because two of my friends are not available for the picnic due to genuine reason. Anyway there is no personal with you. I don’t want to loose friends. Atleast like u. I don’t want to stretch this issue which may create a nuisance to us and all ,who are involved in this mail. I havenot copy this mail to anyone.
Requested to you ( atleast) Become a wise man.
I don’t want to start a day with such mail.
With Warm Regards
XXX"

Wow !!! I know I arent an expert in the english language.....but this is simply horrible grammar, vocab and spelling....I dont know how this fellow writes his official mails?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol dats super funny and u dont want me to work in ur office ??

Urs is da best blog i read dese days. It reminds me that ther is Normal life existing somewhere... :)

Chzz

@ K.c

Anonymous said...

@ KC...

Office life for me is sometimes MORE relaxing than HOME !!!

- Ravan

RK said...

@anonymous (KC)
i want u to work in my office for sure....even told u to forward ur CV...

Thanks....sure makes me happy to know that...yeah normal life does exist....and sometimes it does a hell lot good to see the funnier side of things....

@anonymous (ravan)
yeah ....