Monday, April 27, 2009

Oath of a trip enthusiast.

These days I am quite skeptical of planning out a trip with my friends (friends here mean the group of my 5-6 closest friends) . The reason being that whenever a plan is made its almost always cancelled. There is a popular saying that rules are meant to be broken. In my friends' group case 'Trip plans are made to be cancelled'. No doubt that we have been to some of the most unforgettable trips and tours. But then even those plans were always made by a single person (my friend Irfan, bless him, God !!) Rest all of the people are experts at ruining plans, citing 'genuine' reasons like......
1) I have no money. The trip is out of my budget.
2) I have some work. (Right ! We have none.)
3) My parents wont allow me to go. (Why? Are we cannibals?)
4) The season is not right.
Personally, I am not a plan ruiner and take an enthusiastic part in planning a picnic. But when others are not enthusiastic, I lose my cool. I am never one to make up one of the above excuses.
1) No money.....Ya right....its going to cost a fortune and nobody's going to loan you any! Its not like we dont have money at all. All of us are working individuals now. Even if we dont earn very much we arent beggars !! . And when an excellent opportunity for a holiday comes your way, you should grab it no matter what !!
2) Work.......Right we have none !!! Work work and work, you have to, all your bloody life. Holidays are planned to get a break from this very work. Its ok to keep it aside for some time and go out with your friends, when you all have a good long weekend.
3) Wont be allowed: Why? Are we cannibals? Are we going to eat you? This was a favourite excuse when we were younger. Now its not. But plans are still cancelled. So who'll bother giving this reason? (Please note that I am referring here to an all boys group !!)
4) If the season is not right, you have to plan going to some place where it is right.

There have been so many times that we have got stuck up because we have no transportation. But then we always had options of hiring vehicles.
There has been so much of trip cancellation now, I have already sort of joined a trekking group through an office colleague of mine. They go on treks regularly. I am also seriously thinking of going somewhere myself with tour companies. No kidding ......these are the only ways that I am going to enjoy seeing places.

5 comments:

Buls said...

I see that the trip plan has not worked out... Maybe a trekking club will be more fun.. you can also make new friends.

Souvik said...

Yes exactly, i think, trip should be instantaneous, it should pop like safety valve as soon as there is sniff of holiday, as long as we are bachelors there shouldn’t be ever any excuse for missing out, im not saying married ones should but arranging for one is easier than arranging for two, it goes for both boys and girls. And trips means break, break from work, monotonous routine, from regular beds; comfort of rooms where the idea is to see new place, share some quality time with friends. Might have to share rooms with friends, lots of them, sleep on floor maybe remain awake whole night, if it happens making sure no one sleeps too. Just pack your back pack and hit the road. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Lemme know how your trip goes !!!

-Ravan

Anonymous said...

hail Lord M
@ K.C

RK said...

@buls..
The trip finally worked out...
I do have a trekking club...we have been to quite a lot of treks.

But for chillaxing I'd prefer to go on with my old friends....have fun and some 'soulful' talks.