Sunday, April 19, 2009

My best friend's wedding (Part 1) - The marriage

The day had finally arrived. 'KC weds Buls' was the invitation. I was still to come out of that state when you say.....Huh? Yesterday, I was a kid.....today my best friend is getting married.
My best friend's wedding took place on the 18th April 2009. I am writing this date in this post because I am bad at remembering birthdates and anniversaries. So its good to make a note of it. Next year I'll remember to wish my friend KC and my bhabhi-friend bulbul a happy anniversary. KC called me up in the morning and told me again to be there for the wedding. (As if I would'nt !!!). Me and irfan arrived at the temple hall exactly at 11:30 am as he told us. Rohan came up later. Slowly the hall filled with people. There were kids and older men who looked like KC so we came to the conclusion that they must be his cousins and uncles respectively (haha!!) . After some time of waiting I saw both of them climb the stairs and walking hand in hand. It was KC and bulbul.......KC looking very smart and handsome in that slim fit formal shirt, his face looking bright and happy (the facial helped also, i guess). Bulbul, looking gorgeous, in a lovely saree, carrying herself gracefully, with her hair tied up in an elegant knot. Both looked very happy. Before the 'vidhis' started, KC was made to wear the traditional 'pheta' or 'pagdi'. The pheta fitted him like a song. Never before having seen KC in that traditional pheta we found it quite funny and laughed. The 'vidhis' started after that. KC stood up for the vidhi and it was at that moment....when I saw him in the pheta standing beside the guruji for the 'mangal ashtak' vidhi......that I really came to terms with the fact that my friend was finally getting married !!! Until then everything seemed to be so unreal....just like a dream. It was just like , you know when things are going to happen, but still, you dont come to terms with it until they really happen !!! As I saw Kedar (KCs brother) playfully throwing 'akshatha' with unnecessary force.....this scene seemed to roll in slow motion in front of my eyes......and I was reminded of my younger days when I went to KCs place to play.....and he had these physical fights with Kedar...for the cricket bat. When I came back to the present the 'mangal ashtak' was over. Kedar told us to proceed for lunch. When I went downstairs, I realised that my footwear was missing. I had kept it at the entrance but it wasnt there anymore. Oh boy !! I thought !! Its KCs wedding and my footwear is bring stolen !! I had another 'vision' in which an older looking KC and bulbul were telling their kids...."Look children, here is your uncle, whose 'chapals' were stolen in our marriage" and all of them laughing !!!
I grinned to myself. "I am getting too many 'visions' "I said to myself and went to the nearby store to buy a new pair of flotters. We had lunch and left for home. There was going to be a reception party in the evening and I wanted to sleep in the afternoon so that I was energetic to dance in the party !!

2 comments:

Ravan said...

I kinda know what u mean by "Still comin outta that state..." im still reeling...

Suddenly us tart getting visions and u become a VISIONARY :P !!!

But jokes apart...seriously... makes u really really ponder...!!!

RK said...

OUR YOUNG CHILDISH DAYS ARE GOING AWAY.....OH NO !!!
BOO HOO !!!