Thursday, April 9, 2009

Uncle and uncle's bhabhijis

My sister giving me a niece. My best friend KC getting married. Another one, Dr NNA, with his engagement fixed in May. Suddenly, I feel very grown up. Things have changed pretty much pretty soon. My niece will call me 'mama'. Someone who'll call me 'uncle' is something I have to come to terms with. Anyway, mom told me the news on the phone. The baby was born on 7th April 2009...So that's her birthdate. She's an Arien. Curiously, its on the same date as my best friend's KC's birthdate, which is 7th June. The phone rang at 2030 hrs IST on 7th April. Mom told me "The good news has come."
My best friend whom I've known for the past 20 years will be marrying his lady love. And I will have someone whom I'll call 'bhabhi' (Bhabhi is actually brother's wife, but since friends are like brothers, their wife is also called as 'Bhabhi'. (I'll address her by her name of course....but still....she'll be a bhabhi). Congratulations to the lovely couple !!! I've been asking my friend, what gift he wants for his wedding. He says he doesnt his own house to keep gifts. So I told him that I cant afford to buy him a house, but he can ask for anything else !!! If he doesnt tell me, I'll ask bhabhiji and if she doesnt tell me either.....I'll give them a 'Food bazaar voucher' which I guess will be totally useless for them !!!
NNA has been out of contact for a long time. He makes his special appearances only during the ganeshotsav festival at my place. Still it was a pleasant shocker for me to hear that hes getting hitched....He's the kind of guy who would say...."Shaadi kidhar yaar, abhi? Abhi tak to mera MD karna baki hai." Congratulations to him too. Wasnt in contact with us for a long time. Now, he wont remember us at all !!! Meri aur ek bhabhiji.

8 comments:

Buls said...

Hahahaha!!! Diamonds do make for a good gift...
But seriously... there is no place to keep a gift so don't bring one. KC will shamelessly ask for one when he wants it.

Ravan said...

@ Buls

Abt Diamonds...They wud seem more appropriate comin to you from KC... Thats his right, we cant encroach on it...


@ Ravi MAMU

Its the thought that matters... not the material possesion... :)

Anonymous said...

labi Unkle , i want a job in ur office :P

@K.c

RK said...

@ buls..
YOU can tell me what gift you want for da wedding from us...since KC doesnt say so...But diamonds are still quite 'out of reach' for us poor souls or quite appropriate from KC to you like Ravan said!!! But please do make some other suggestions....

@ravan
YOU cant call me Mamu..only my niece does it !!! If you cant think of a gift....lets give him an I.O.U note on the wedding date and give him a gift later !!!

@K.C
Send me your resume....I'll see what I can do....however let me warn you....its full of 'insystematic' people....

Anonymous said...

@ KC

U wudnt survive a day here...

Its too damn SLOW for your pace !

-Ravan

RK said...

@KC...

Tu khud fast rahega to bhi point nahi.....OTHER PEOPLE ARE SLOW....
If you work under V ull commit suicide...

Anonymous said...

llol...
Lord M anything to work along wid u and rockstar Ravan :P

@ K.c

RK said...

hahaha....ok