Sunday, April 12, 2009

Little cousin sister's day in...

My little cousin sister had the day of her life yesterday. Summer holidays have started for schools and she had invited 6 of her friends home. The little girls had a gala time. Everyone's mom left them to my uncle and aunt's place at around 10 in the morning. They had a fantastic lunch of aloo parathas made by my aunt whos an expert cook. The first thing they did, after that, was to organize a small skit....'Cinderella'. They prepared and handed out small hand-written invitation cards on nice colourful papers to everyone in the house. Me, my dad (me and dad were there for a visit), my uncle, my aunt, my grandparents. My invitation card bore the following script:

Ravi Dada
You are invited to see the following play:
Name: Cinderela (That was the spelling)
Time: 3:00 P.M
Venue: Hall (This 'Hall' meant the living room of my uncle and aunt's place)

My cousin sister had 'directed' the play. She played the role of Cinderella. All of us sat on the living room sofas as 'audience'. They had a makeshift 'curtain', a bedsheet held on by two girls. The curtain was dropped (The girls quickly scrambled away pulling the bedsheet!!)

The skit was quite cute and was quite well made. They even had a sequence where the prince and cinderella danced in 'ball-room' style. 'Blue danube' was played on a mobile phone with speakers, while the prince and cinderella danced. There was some giggling in the middle of the play and some prompting too !!! And they forgot the last scene where the prince and cinderella hold hands and the fairy godmother showers flowers on them !!! The 'fairy Godmother' came out and giggled "Hey Cinderella, you forgot the flowers scene !!!" As my elder sister would say .....'Cho Chweet !!!'

It was then Ice cream time for the young ones....and giggling continued all the time. Then they went downstairs to play...and then one by one all their mothers came to pick them up. An enjoyable day for them.

I remember those days when my mom used to leave me at KCs place and then we used to play all day.....It was so special to visit a friends place. Still is.........but back then it was once in a bluemoon opportunity to visit a friend's place!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chweet ... rite
We also had our good days but...
and we also enjoyed a lot i am sure.

I guess we still do tht !!

RK said...

ya...still do....as a matter of fact.....