Friday, April 3, 2009

Summer time.

I am writing this post because I am glad I am home and not outside. I had just been out in the open right now and the sun is blazing away all its atomic power and dazzling and roasting people on earth in mumbai. Thousands of things have been said on global warming and its effect, but frankly, I have never before experienced such a solid heat wave in mumbai. It was a recorded 40 degrees high in the shade, at colaba the day before yesterday. It seems like if you drop an egg on your head it will fry. A drop of water falling on the trunk of a car sizzles like 'tadka dal' (Smack !!! That makes me hungry !!!) Mumbai summer brings with it more pains than pleasures, just like the mumbai monsoons. The summer heat certainly has effect on people's brains too. For instance, everyone in office, yesterday, seemed to be blowing their tops more than usual. It was'nt unusual for my boss to blow his top. Thats coz' he does it everyday !!! But yeah, weather does have an effect on people. Heat makes you feel irritable and anger, just like sweat, surfaces more often than usual. Mumbai summer- The advantages: Mangoes and 'Kayris' sweet mangoes, when eaten transport you to seventh heaven, lip smacking and satisfying juicy and ripe.....and Kayris (raw mangoes).....put some salt and chilli powder on them and what you have is a delightful snack....my mouth starts watering thinking about kayri.
So apart from mangoes and kayris, I am waiting for summer to get over and rains to start.
The song goes......we're all going on a summer holiday......
I realised it a long time back that its for California, where the summers are fine.........not for mumbai where the heat is unbearable.

No comments: