Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lectures = meetings / presentations

Its one of those things that you remember out of the blue someday. It used to be mom who used to teach me marathi subject. My mom is one of the best teachers of the subject. That's what I used to hear from her tution students. Thats because I used to close my eyes while pretending to hear mom explain. I used to tell mom that I am listening to her and just that I can concentrate better if I close my eyes. After I closed my eyes, I would, of course, fall asleep. Mom isnt stupid and she used to make me get up, sit upright and ask me questions. Mom has a golden heart too.....and was at times content to see me sleep!! She let me sleep for about half an hour and then used to wake me up and start explaining chapters. Although I did sleep during the explanation time, it wasnt because mom was a bad teacher or boring or anything. It was just that I would feel sleepy after my lunch.

I remembered because, even today, if there is an important meeting going on, with a dead serious topic of discussion....I cant help but feel sleepy, restless and bored. No matter how interesting the presentation, how good the presenter, however good the length of the presentation / meeting may be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

studies widout falling asleep ??
IMPOSSIBLE !! i agree

@ k.c

Anonymous said...

post lunch meetings... BAAAD Idea !!!

- Ravan