Friday, May 15, 2009

Shape of the clouds and the dark sieve !!

Its been a very hot summer and hence cool beers or cool breezes are a pleasure. Since I dont prefer beer, I suggested that we ride down our bikes to the nearby 'hilly place' to enjoy the latter. Two of my office colleagues + friends were game. So we set off after office, SSR sitting pillion with me and RAA riding single. The ghat to the hilltop is always an enjoyable drive or ride, depending on whether you are in a car or on a bike. We reached the hilltop, parked our bikes and started the small trek to the peak. And we were glad that the cool breeze, we had come for was indeed there !! We reached the peak. While the other two of my friends were enjoying the scenery,
I took off my T-shirt, kept my bag on the ground and using it as a pillow, lay down on the earth. I closed my eyes for a moment and opened them again, and saw the vastness of the sky above. The soft cotton balls (the metaphor is commonly used) were far off, moving at a swift pace. I tried to imagine their shapes like I used to do when I was younger. But I couldnt make anything out of them. Nor was it a rabbit, nor an elephant, nor an old man, nor a house. Didnt think much of that then. What's there in a cloud anyway? They come, they go......they bring rains at times...Whats the big deal if it doesnt seem to be shaped like a monkey? When I sat up I saw a truly wonderful sight of the sunrays being filtered through gaps in some of the dark clouds. I was mesmerized by that lovely light amidst the dark sieve of the clouds and so were my friends.
Now, I dont know whether I am stupid to say this or anything, but later on for a moment, I actually regretted not seeing the clouds shaped like something. Am I losing my creativity or imagination, which was stronger when I was young? It was fun back then, seeing the cloud form some shape, letting your imagination run......is it not fun anymore? Has practical life taken away all my imagination, aspirations, dreams?
I saw the sunrays being filtered.....and thought of how wonderful the sun was........and then I completely missed the thought of why those sunrays got their identity and the focusing effect......it was due to the sieve like dark clouds !!!
Sometimes we are so overawed by the bigger picture that we totally miss the finer points which makes the bigger picture so much worth its value !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

everything big we've seen for years together, looked so small and insignificant !!!

The Bigger Picture !!! Thats what we saw today !!!

It was wonderful !!!

- RAA

RK said...

i guess thats the better way of looking at it...true true..