Sunday, April 13, 2008

Goodbye pal..........


This bears reference to the post written on 29th march 2008. It describes my dilemma at choosing a good 150 cc bike. After much speculation on the matter, I finally came to a decision. Booked a Honda Unicorn last week. Will take delivery of bike on 7th May which is considered to be an auspicious day according to the marathi calendar (It’s a day called as Akshay tritiya……its not the birthday of Akshay Kumar or Akshay Khanna or anything…!!) So all in all I am a very happy man. Eagerly awaiting my new bike.
But then there is another side of the story. Ill have to sell off my old bike which means I will have to say a goodbye to it. Will be a sad moment to see it sold off and taken by someone else. After all it has been a ‘humsafar’ and ‘saathi’ for almost 2 and a half years now. There is some nostalgia associated with my bike. I went on my bike for my company interview 2 years ago. Got the job and since then have been travelling almost everyday on my bike to office. Its given me a great ride everyday. For the summer months it’s a great pleasure to ride a bike because you can feel the wind when you ride it. During the winters it gets freezing cold on the bike and in rainy season I feel a childlike joy in riding through the puddles and pools of water. In fact I love to ride a bike in rainy season!!! It’s a great to be soaking wet. People find it dangerous to ride bikes in the monsoons. I find it adventurous!!! I also went for two of somewhat long bike rides on this bike. One to my grandfathers Karjat farmhouse with one of my friends and another time went to Karnala with two of my friends!!! I also survived an accident on this bike for which I have to thank it for keeping me in one piece, and its dear leg guard for well and truly guarding my legs from any injury!!! It saved me while getting badly damaged itself. From my side I serviced it from time to time and gave it my personal attention by cleaning it every weekend!!!
So I dedicate this post and the given below poem to one of my best pals……….my dear old hero honda super splendor……….and I bid adieu to it…….Thanks for being a great pal!!!!

Alvida mere dost,
Alvida mere saathi,
Tum chale jaooge, Par yaad tumhari aayegi,
Is dil mein tum, hamesha amar rahogi !!!

No comments: