Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Of dogs and cats.....

Two of my friends and me were sitting in the garden this evening and saw a stray dog chasing a stray cat …it seemed that the dog would catch the cat until the cat climbed on a compound wall and leapt onto the branch of a tree. Since the dog could no longer chase her it gave up…

Rohan: Did u see that?

Irfan: Ya….shes so nice….

Rohan: Who?

Irfan: That girl who is sitting over there.

Rohan: You idiot….wasnt talking about the girl….I asked whether you saw the dog chasing that cat?

Irfan: No. Whats so interesting about a dog chasing a cat? I see it everyday…..Come to think of it…..i even see that dog chasing some of those people who come late nights from office…… These stray dogs and cats are a nuisance.

Rohan: I wish I had a dog at home as a pet.

Me: Well your parents do have u as a pet, isnt it, you dog!!? Hahahaha!!!!

Rohan (giving me a friendly punch): No, seriously man, dogs are so adorable....I hate cats….they are horrible.

Me: Yes, that’s true, dogs are very faithful to their masters….would give up their life for them. Cats are the opposite. Give them a bowl of milk and they’ll come and get it and go away. If you don’t put that bowl of milk the next day….they wont come!!!

Irfan: But cats are cute man….when I see those small kittens….I feel like keeping them as pets. Keeping pets is a tough thing guys…..the cost of keeping a pet at home is more than the expense of keeping a person home. Besides they have to be trained not to carry out their morning activities inside the house!!

Rohan (in a serious tone): No man, that’s not true……I mean, look at ravi, the expense of keeping him home is a lot for his parents……….he eats so much!!!

Me (this time I give him a friendly punch): Idiot!!!

Rohan: My friend Tina has a dog at home…..

Me: Oh!! So that bitch has a dog at home….hahaha!!!!

Irfan: I was bitten by a dog…when I was young….a stray dog of this locality.

Rohan: So its all thanks to you that todays generation of dogs in this locality are totally mad!!!

Rohan: I want a pet dog……someone I can love…..

Me: You better stay away from me……if you want to love dogs…..there is something wrong with you man!!!

No comments: