Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tips from my boss...

After attending a gruelling kick off meeting for a new project today, I was leaving office today when my boss (lead engineer on the project, he must be around 40 years of age) called me and we had the following conversation,

Boss: Ravi, Can you give me a lift till nerul on your bike today?

Me: Yes sir, sure can.


Boss: Hope you don’t mind. You aren’t giving a lift to someone else today, are you? A girl or anyone? Your girlfriend, perhaps?

Me (Aloud): I don’t have one, sir, till now
Me (Thinking) : If I have one in future and want to give her a lift after office ill tell you to buzz off, thats obvious isnt it?

Boss: You don’t have one? How come?

Me (Thinking): Kyun mai kyaa Salman Khan hu kyaa? (Am I Salman Khan or what?)
Me (Aloud): Sir, koi pasand nahi aayi abhi tak……..

Boss: How many of our office colleagues are bachelors?

Me: Myself, Rohan, Tushar, Omkar, Sachin, Sachin (There are two sachins) and Gaurav.

Boss: None of them have a gf?

Me: As far as I know, at least I don’t. Don’t know about others.

Boss: Kyaa re? Kaam ke jaise idhar bhi tumko madat ki jaroorat hai kyaa? (Do you need help here too, i.e for searching some girl for you?)

Me: Sir, lagta hai idhar bhi kisi ki madat leni padegi……waise bhi maine zindagi bhar madat lee hai. School bhi mom and dad ne dhund nikali mere liye, engineering college admissions lene ke liye bhi paiso ki madat lagi, abhi finally ladki bhi mom and dad hi dhund ke denge……madat to leni hi padegi!!! (Sir, I think ill have to take some help in this case too. Anyways I have always taken help from people for my whole life. Dad and mom found the right school for me, even during engineering admissions, mom and dad payed my fees, and so finally, here too, I think mom and dad will search for the right girl for me!!!)

Boss (Laughing): Milegi milegi…….I will give you some tips.

Me (Thinking): Tu kyaa studd hai kyaa? Kyaa din aa gaye hai? Ab een cheezo me bhi isse tips leni padegi? (Are you a studd? What the hell? Now this fellow will even give me tips even on such topics or what?)

Boss: Here’s the first tip……….



I could see the sun setting from the window of my office………………..

2 comments:

Ravan said...

Please list out all the tips given in chronological order.....

For our betterment too....

RK said...

Frankly, we are better off without his tips......anyway......they were'nt that bright........and the tips did'nt seem to come out straight from the heart.....they seemed to come out straight from one of those 'love' columns which appear in those masala newspapers......which i read for the laughs!!!!