Wednesday, April 16, 2008

TV serials suck.

It was a Wednesday evening. My neighbor, an old lady was having some trouble tuning the desired channels on her TV and had asked me to help her out. She has an old Onida TV, which does not have a remote control and is literally falling apart. So after coming back from office I decided to take a look at her TV and help her with the same. Just as I was about to ring her doorbell I heard some noises……….some lady screaming at the top of her voice. I thought for a moment that it was my neighbor herself. My senses went on red alert. Grabbing the nearest heavy object I could find (there was a wooden plank on the parapet.) I rang the doorbell urgently. My old neighbor opened the door calmly. She seemed to be alright!

Aunty : Why are you holding that wooden plank son? Were you going to hit me or what?
Me: I thought you were screaming aunty………that’s why I thought some intruder must have entered your house…………
Aunty: No No. The TV volume is too loud……..you must have heard Phoolsi screaming.
Me: Who is Phoolsi?
Aunty: She is a character from the serial ‘Kintu gunga kuta bhi kabhi bhonkega’.

These serials………they are a harrasment to people like me. According to me TV serials should be banned. They are full of scheming, plotting and anti-social men and women who have no better jobs than to think and do evil. Murders are very common in TV serials. Sons of the same mother seem to appear out of nowhere!!! (legal or illegal sons ) Plastic surgeries are also a regular feature.
A plastic surgery is generally not a part of the original story. Whenever an actor wants to call it the quits from the TV serial (because he himself is frustrated by the fact that the story is going nowhere and hes dead bored and wants a change.) the shows producers and story writers create an ‘accident sequence’ in the TV serial wherein the actor undergoes serious injuries and his face is disfigured………. then comes up the new face, the new actor…….after the plastic surgery!!!!
Camera angles and background music are such that they create a dramatic effect for the ladies who watch these serials.
A serial always portrays good characters and bad characters……….the good characters are the ones who suffer a lot. After being afflicted with a lot of attrocities……they finally either die or come to their senses and become badder than the bad characters and start their revengeful tactics. In addition to this a TV serial also portrays some characters whom I would categorize as ‘simply hopeless’. These are the ones who are too good…..saints more like. They would take anything lying down, without opposition.
All in all TV serials / soaps suck. They are dead hopeless and very irritating. The background music makes me want to blow either my TV down or my brains out.
Unfortunately most of the ladies (moms age) watch these and love them too……who the hell created the concept of a TV serial anyway?

2 comments:

Ravan said...

Im lucky in that respect....

Im tortured with marathi serials only... in which case i can definitely say that their hindi counterparts are much worse...

RK said...

you have done some good deed in the past......you have better luck than i do!!!!